Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 06 - Earliest thing you can remember.


I don't really have early memories of specific incidents or situations, just things that happened on a regular basis during the first 5 years of my life. 1-5 is a specific range to me because that's when we lived in Festus.

  • Tromping around in Daddy's Army boots.
  • Mama holding me on the back/front porch under a blanket, watching my sisters walk down the long driveway to the school bus.
  • Watching The Brady Bunch and Denver the Last Dinosaur.
  • Friday nights were always pizza, chips, cottage cheese, and T.G.I.F.
  • Kite days after church.
  • Taking my sisters to church early in the morning to go to camp.
  • Staying up late with Mama, watching I Love Lucy and eating Cheez Whiz out of a jar with graham crackers.
  • The tire swing in the garage.
  • Playing in Daddy's giant garden.
  • The never quite completed tree-house.
  • Standing in the tree-house, watching down the long driveway for Aunt Sharon to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment