Tuesday, October 26, 2010

World's Largest Gummy Worm
Need a sugar overdose fix?

via Vat19

Sherlock: A Study in Pink
I missed this Sunday night. I was getting ready for bed and checking my Facebook one last time when I read a post from PBS and realized I'd forgotten about it. And I'd been looking forward to it all week! Even all Sunday morning! (deleted: rant about digital tv/converter box)
Good news, tho, is that it's available to watch on PBS's site. (Or right here. J)

Watch the full episode. See more Masterpiece.

Non-Trek Sci-Fi
I blame Andromeda for me forgetting Sherlock. I got Season 1Collection 1 from the library.
I have to say, I'm not entirely impressed. I love Gene Roddenberry and I trust that Majel Roddenberry wouldn't have produced something she didn't think held true to his ideas, but I'm not impressed. I am a Trekkie first and foremost and as such I feel I have to give any project dreamed up by the Father of Trek a chance. I'm trying. It's pretty obvious, tho, that from whatever ideas they used as a spring board, they garnered a lot of influence from Star Trek and other sci-fi stories. I really wish I could see the notes that Roddenberry had made in reference to Andromeda to see the differences and additions made to them. Plus, that would just be awesomesauce to see his notes.
I also watched the first two episodes of Farscape. That one I was entirely unimpressed with. It's very...well, I compared it to Jim Henson on crack meets Babylon 5. Funny thing is, I just read that it was produced by Jim Henson Productions and they did a lot of the make-up, as well as Rygel and Pilot. Makes a lot more sense now, but I still don't like it. Doesn't mean I won't watch it if I get ahold of more DVDs, tho.


Conan O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment