Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I feel old.

Folks, I am only 26, 27 in August. I'm not that old.
Or, wait, am I 27, almost 28? OMC, I can't remember how old I am!

*hyperventilating*

Paper bag. Quick!


It's getting so dark. *flails* So cold...


Found a calculator. I'm 26.

Where was I? Oh, yes, this-

via xkcd

Now tell me you don't feel old.

I remember when Jurassic Park came out. I was in the First Grade. I have a very specific memory of this because I remember sitting in Mrs. Dodson's classroom with our desks in a group and Josh Downing talking about the lawyer getting eaten off the toilet. Y'know, the one scene a seven year old boy would think was awesome and want to tell over and over. The first time I saw it, tho, was in 1995 when it aired on television, we taped it, and then I watched it alone in the noisy, eerie basement. I was 10. It was SCARY! But I loved it. At some point later it became a tradition for us to watch it at Christmas, although I doubt any of us have done more than talk about it at Christmas for some years.

I remember The Lion King from the Third Grade. I think we were watching it on the last day of school, but I didn't get to watch it because my mom had asked my art teacher to do a silhouette portrait of me, so I only got to see a bit of the beginning in Mrs. Appleton's room, then part of the fight be between Scar and Simba toward the end and have no clue what was happening. But I also have the memory of sometime later that year going to Wal-mart with my mom and @bohobear to pick something up from lay-away, opening the box, and Mama had bought The Lion King for me! We went home and I went to the basement to watch it finally.

My only memory about Toy Story is my best friend going to see it in the theater and my oldest sister loving it.

Not that you care about my memories of childhood, but how crazy is it that these movies came out 15, 17, and 18 years ago???

Y'know what really makes me feel old? I graduated college in 2008. That was only 3 years ago, but it's been 8 years since I graduated high school. I'm only 2 years away from that being a decade ago!

It's a good thing age doesn't bother me. It's just crazy how long ago things happened that are still so vivid in my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment