Monday, May 23, 2011

In case of emergency.

Due to the all the bad weather in the area that's expected to continue thru Wednesday, I thought I'd share how good I am at being a minimalist that can pick-up and go at a moment's notice.
I packed a small bag with 2 days worth of clothes and a pair of shoes. 'Cause I'm awesome like that, my bag and jacket double as a pillow and cover. I've got a thermos of water and a can of soda (can't go for a day w/out some caffeine), plus two candycanes to stave off hunger if necessary. The handy part is this all fits into my purse with daily essentials (I tend toward huge bags), which also carries a sudoku book, earbuds, and an umbrella. On a daily basis I carry way too much, but in a pinch I'm good to go!
My phone is currently charging for just in case. My only concern is getting Missy to cooperate.


3 comments:

  1. We must live close to one another! I'm going to wally world at lunch and preparing a tornado ready kit for me and my husband.
    I'm normally a cool cucumber when tornado weather is upon us, but the storm in Joplin has shaken me and I want to be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I, too, love The Doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto. I absolutely love storms and usually don't care. But Joplin being only an hour away it's a little scary to think how it could have been closer. And I was watching movies so I had no idea anything had happened before seeing Tweets about it afterward.
    I feel bad, tho, b/c while this is all horrible I can't help but be fascinated. Twister is one of my favorite movies. Bad weather like this gives me a bit of an adrenaline rush (in the good way).

    ReplyDelete