Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Apologies/Excuses, Reviews, and News

I'm sorry. I got super busy with work.

As I've said a million times, it's really hard to blog when you don't own a computer. My only regular computer source is at work and I really shouldn't be doing my blogging there (here). Otherwise I'm basically limited to my phone. But, there is vaguely good news on that front!

Last Friday I got myself this fancy little gadget-

HTC Inspire 4G with Android 2.2
Yes, I love it. The processor is like a gagillion times faster than my Motorola Backflip. Well, okay, technically speaking, the processor is basically twice as fast, internal memory is like 8x larger (?), the display is more than double the Backflip's, and it came with an 8GB microSD card (Backflip came wtih 2GB). This site has full comparison specs (most of which I don't comprehend). Basically, everthing about the Inspire is about double the Backflip, including the price, but I actually got it for less than half of what I paid for the Backflip (w/out having to wait for the rebate or do a trade-in).

I named it River Song. J

I'm still in the process of customizing it, but it's fantastic! I actually sat and read the entire manual on HTC's site before deciding to get it because when it comes to phones I want it to be fully customizable with certain features. It had everything I wanted and then some! It has Styles which allows you to set different home screens with different widgets and shortcuts that you'll need in different situations (noting that this includes scrolling between the 7 different screens in each style). My main homescreen (Home) has all my favorite contacts, social networks, e-mail, and games, while my Work homescreen has just the basics like time, weather, work e-mail, work contact list, and calendar, and my Church homescreen has quick access to YouVersion and notes.

The feature that really got my attention? You can create your own wifi hotspot! Which means... *drumroll*... I can now access the internetz via my Wii and blog at home! w00t!
 _ _ _

I'm currently in the middle of a Veronica Mars marathon. I finished Season 2 last night and watched the first episode of Season 3 last night. It's actually become a marathon b/c I'm trying to finish watching it and get it back to the library before accruing too much of a library fine (it's was due yesterday). Even if it wasn't due I'd be watching it non-stop. Love it! I never watched the show when it was on, but @bohobear did. She recently rewatched it and, after talking it up so much, piqued my interested, so when I came across Season 1 at the library I thought I'd try it.

It's like a contemporary Nancy Drew. I have to say, it is a little annoying how by Season 3 Veronica seems a bit flighty with the guys, but it's sorta not her fault. Drama much? I'm not going to do a full-on review with spoiler alerts, but if you've ever enjoyed teen dramas, crime, and mystery, then I highly recommend Veronica Mars.
 _ _ _

In other news, because that's where we're at- the news portion of this broadcast post- in case you haven't heard, because, really, why should you have? Unless you follow me religiously on Twitter or Facebook or know me personally. I mean, it's not like I really share every little detail of my life and I'm not exactly the most outgoing person shouting from the rooftops. So if you have heard, then you've heard, but if you haven't, then I thought I'd tell you that I'm engaged to @arkthejr. J

Should you be interested, I'm attempting to keep a blog about being engaged and the process of planning to elope (b/c that's no secret for us): GeekishlyEngaged

No comments:

Post a Comment