Monday, January 9, 2012

Believe it or not...

...I am alive.

I have a laptop now. I dunno what my excuse is. Unless you count the unreliable free internet provided by our apartment.

We are now beginning our second week of the new year and I just made a decision.

I'm going to make a granny square a week and have a 52 square quilt to make at the end of the year. I'm also going to make it with only the yarn I already have. Of course, that means at some point, far before the end of the year, I will run out of my current supply, but that just gives me a perfectly legitimate excuse to buy yarn later! But it also gets rid of scraps and skeins I have no idea what to do with.

I'll have to make 2 this week to make up for last week.

No guarantee they'll all be different patterns, but the color scheme will be interesting.

I think what I'll do is shove all my yarn into a bag and choose blindly so I have no control over what colors each square is. Unless the two colors totally clash like hunter green and soft pink (I swear I didn't buy it, my sister did so I could make her gloves). I think it'll be fun.

And, of course, I'll post each square each week. So I'll definitely be blogging weekly.

Oh, I did come up with some blog topics last week. Can't remember most of them. I'll have to refer to my Twitter to figure that out. But I have recently finished watching Battlestar Galactica and I do have an opinion to share. I started watching Caprica last week and kinda like it so far. After I finish that I'll start watching the original BSG. But I'll share all that later.

So say we all.

2 comments: