Friday, January 27, 2012

Week 3: Traditional Granny Square

For Christmas I made my mom an afghan. I ended up not making it as large as I originally intended (it was supposed to be a bed spread), so I have a couple skeins of Winchester Blue yarn left over. Last week I decided to use one up for my granny square. I only used 2/3 to 3/4 of it up b/c after a while repeating the same stitch over and over gets REALLY boring. But it's probably larger than a square squared.

This is a pic of my first ever granny square I did last year. It's not perfect, mind you, b/c it was my first and at the time I was still doing my single and double stitches wrong.

Here's a pattern:

Abbreviations
SC = Single Crochet
DC = Double Crochet
SL ST = Slip Stitch
CH = Chain

Written by Teresa Richardson
CH 4, join.

Round 1: Ch 3, 2 DC in the loop,* CH 2, 3 DC in the chain loop, complete 3 times total from*, CH 1, SC in beginning CH 3. This will put you at the center of your chain space.

Round 2: Ch 3, 2 DC in the same CH SP, *CH 1, 3 DC, CH 2, 3DC in next CH SP, Complete 3 times total from *. CH 1, SC in beginning CH 3 to join.

Round 3: 
Ch 3, 2 DC in the same CH SP, *CH 1, 3 DC in next CH SP, CH 1, 3DC in next CH SP, Complete 3 times total from *. CH 1, SC in beginning CH 3 to join.
Round 4: 
Ch 3, 2 DC in the same CH SP, *CH 1, 3 DC in next CH SP, CH 1, 3 DC in next CH SP, CH 1, 3DC in next CH SP, Complete 3 times total from *. CH 1, SC in beginning CH 3 to join. 

Round 5: Ch 3, 2 DC in the same CH SP, *CH 1, 3 DC in next CH SP, CH 1, 3 DC in next CH SP, CH 1, 3 DC in next CH SP, CH 1, 3DC in next CH SP, Complete 3 times total from *. CH 1, SC in beginning CH 3 to join. 


Found on Crochet Geek via Ravelry.com.

I should mention that I did triple/treble stitches for my square last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment