Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I totally recall not caring until now.

Okay, so some time ago, back when I was in high school (wow, I've been out for 9 years!), I attempted watching Total Recall when it aired on TV. I don't remember it even being vaguely interesting. It must not have been since I was ended up going back to it during commercials of Joan of Arcadia or House or something that was much more appealing back then.
What I do remember is, obviously, Arnold Schwarzenagger (hey, I spelled that right on my first try!), really cheesy 80s special effects (yes, I know it's from 1990, but the early 90s were really just an 80s record stuck on repeat), and Sharon Stone (actually, I was thinking Sigourney Weaver or Jamie Lee Curtis, but IMDB corrected me). Other than that, I have no idea what the movie was about or how it ended. I think I might remember him fighting Sharon Stone? Who knows.
Anyway, I just watched the new trailer for the the remake staring Colin Farrell. I'm not a Colin Farrell fan. He's not a bad actor, so I don't hate or refuse to watch his movies, but I don't usually go out of my way to watch them. Co-stars like Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel (I admit she's getting better) don't really grip me either. The plot is the important thing here because it sounds pretty awesome. (Is this really what the original movie is about? 'Cause I don't remember that at all.) Oh, and John Cho is a pretty good argument in favor as well. I may have to consider seing this in the theater. At least in 2nd run.

No comments:

Post a Comment