Monday, May 21, 2012

Dream Home : Living Room



Please, let me give you a tour of my dream living room.

On your right you'll notice this lovely bookcase made of Tetris blocks.
It comes from Brave Space Design:
      The Tetrad Flat Shelving is a modular, lightweight shelving solution consisting of 5 different shaped blocks with wooden sides and colored metal backings. Blocks can be attached to one another, to the wall or left free floating for life-sized, living room game play. And no, the bottom line doesn't disappear when you make that perfect configuration.

The best part is, when I rearrange the living room I can rearrange the bookshelf, too!









On the left we have the perfect couch. Modern with a dash of retro.

On Cloud 9, Ltd.
















Here in the center of the room we have this lovely Pac-Man ottoman set (technically it's "Pouf-Man" for copyright purposes) from QAYOT.

This would be a great spot to sit and play board games. Or handheld Pac-Man if you have it.


Back on the right side is a lovely little reading nook with a bathtub sofa. Y'know, like Audrey Hepburn had in Breakfast at Tiffany's.


This item I haven't really figured out where to place yet. I may not even put it in the living room. But, you know me (assuming you know me), I love cats and no dream home of mine would be complete without a little something for my kitty.
It's a cat TARDIS!


Now, during this tour you may have noticed one thing missing. I'm sure you find it odd for a geek, of all people, not to have a television in the living room. Worry not, my dear visitor, it's there. Let me explain it in the words of Barney Stinson:

      Lily: Why would I want to change anything? This place is great, except you don't have a TV.
      Barney: [Points to wall] See that wall? [Turns on TV] 300 inch flatscreen! They only sell them in Japan but I know a guy. They ship it over in a tugboat like freakin' King Kong!
      Lily: It hurts my eyes...
      Barney: Yeah, that doesn't go away.


Alright, tour's over. Leave so I can watch Firefly.

1 comment: