Wednesday, September 12, 2012

ABOUT BLOGGING

I think I've determined my issue with blogging, or lack thereof.

I hate my blog. I mean, I love my blog, title and all. I hate how it looks. I'm not happy with it. I've been playing with the layout since day one. In the last year I've retired the star background, chosen a new title font, and changed the actual layout multiple times. I've also connected all my other (potential) blogs in the menu bar.

But I'm not happy with it.

I thought the point of a blog called GeekishlyApropos was to talk only about all things geeky. But not really. I'm a geek. So whatever I'm interested in at the time and is important to me adds to what makes me a geek. So it's not really what the blog is about that makes it geeky. It's what I'm interested in as a geek.

This will likely never be one of those popular geek blogs like I wish. But it's important that I like it, so whatever.

I'm going to retire my other failed attempts at blogs (excluding Missy's, b/c she's my cat and she deserves a blog, dagummit!) and just stick to this one. I might transfer over some posts if I feel they're pertinent.

In the mean time, I'm going to do whatever I can to reset my design. I may end up having to scrap this blog and recreate it since anytime I mess with the design something decides to not work properly.

Let's go back to basics. I'm good at those.

No comments:

Post a Comment