Wednesday, November 7, 2012

SAVORY PUMPKIN SOUP


Savory Pumpkin Soup
via allrecipes.com w/ my edits

5 cups canned pure pumpkin
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup minced parsley
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

In a large pan, mix the pumpkin, broth, heavy cream, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes, occasionally stirring. Reduce heat to simmer.

Stir in parsley, butter, and sour cream into the mixture. Make sure to keep stirring and don't let it curdle. Stir in the cheese, allowing it to melt.

Notes:
1. If you use unsalted butter like me, then add some salt. I learned this after the fact.
2. By "boil" I mean pumpkin soup will randomly pop out at you. Use a lid.
3. It tastes amazing, but I think next time I'll add some chili powder.
4. allrecipes.com says it should make 10 cups. I think I got more like 8.5. It's probably because the original recipe calls for pasta, but I make everything low carb.
5. This is approximately 4 carbs per cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment