Thursday, December 13, 2012

25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS: DAY 13


Make ornaments

Yay! I get to make ornaments and finally finish decorating the tree!

We're going to make cinnamon ornaments which, I think, will accent our tree perfectly. It's a green tree decorated with green lights and green glitter ornaments. It was a lot prettier in my mind when I thought the ornaments were lighter colored, but in reality the sort of blend in to the tree. To lighten it up I strung some white lights up through the middle and there are a few other ornaments and some silver balls, but it's still really dark.

I may have to buy some Christmas cookie cutters. I only have 3 large ones. I've been needing a good excuse. Especially since I know one of our activities sometime next week is making cookies!

We'll be using the recipe from katyelliot.com: Cinnamon Applesauce Heart Ornaments

There's also this Martha Stewart recipe that I've seen all over Pinterest, but it calls for crafters glue and I'd prefer to stick to the basics.

I'll let ya know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment