Monday, December 10, 2012

25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS: DAY 8 & 9

This weekend was a little busy so I'm a little behind.


Saturday I hosted a Lord of the Rings marathon that ran from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., so we didn't have time for another activity. Luckily, I had already taken care of day 8's activity the day before.

Address Christmas cards.

Yeah, I totally got that covered a day early. Granted, our cards weren't as planned, but turned out just as cute. I had crocheted Missy a poinsettia collar and wanted to take pictures of her in front of the tree. I had this idea of getting her to stand in front of it and make it look like she was decorating. Our schedules never meshed right last week to let us take pics so Friday I went through all the recent pics I've taken of Missy and made a Christmas collage for our cards. Then I used Touchnote to send them. It was sorta nice not to have to actually get the cards printed, find envelopes to fit, go buy stamps, sit down and write out every greeting and address, then run them to the post office. Instead, I just uploaded my photo to Touchnote, used the template I liked best, typed up the addresses, and paid. Now, supposedly, everyone on our list should receive a card this week. I'd show you what they look like, but some of my family may read this and that would spoil it. Maybe after I know they've been received.

I also saved the card image and am going to print little Christmas card tags to put on goodie bags I'm making for my office (if you're from my office then pretend you didn't read this).

Buy s.f. fudge & dark chocolate. 

I'm on Atkins and shouldn't be eating sugar anyway. My husband *loves* dark chocolate.

A few years ago, when my sister and I first started Atkins, at Christmas we got a maddening craving for fudge. We tried making sugar free fudge, but it just was not worth it, in taste or effort. She ordered some and it was pretty good but it had chemicals in it that didn't quite agree with us.

Then, we discovered The Candy House and their sugar free Tiger Fudge (their sugar free fudge isn't listed on their website). So good! They also have sf peanut butter and last year I discovered sf vanilla (which wasn't as good as I was hoping for, but satisfied my vanilla craving).

So, now, it's pretty much my tradition that I have to get some sugar free fudge. And since sugar free isn't an issue for my husband, it's only fair that we find some dark chocolate candy for him.

However, The Candy House is only open from 12-5 p.m. on Sundays and my husband woke up feeling sick and still had to go to work at 3, so there really wasn't an opportunity. We have to make up for this activity, but they close at 5:30 during the week and he works tonight, so maybe another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment