Wednesday, December 19, 2012

EXPERIMENTAL COFFEE


I miss being a barista. I had all the necessary tools and ingredients at my finger tips to make and enjoy so many fantastic coffee drinks. These days I'm usually limited to plain coffee with cream and the occasional homemade sugar free vanilla syrup or some Stevia. I mean, I can obviously go buy my favorite sugar free vanilla caramel breve whenever I want, but that's just not the same as being able to make it myself at home.

Okay, so I do have a dinky Mr. Coffee espresso machine, but it's really annoying and usually just sits pretty on top of a kitchen cabinet. My husband has a moka pot that I occasionally try to use, but the espresso ends up so-so and it's hard to convince him that my coffee needs are more important than his current Team Fortress 2 campaign.

However, my husband knows good and well that a stressful day at work can quickly be forgotten with fresh espresso. And this is the kind of experimental drink I come up with when stressed:

-Unnamed Espresso Drink-
2 oz. espress
4 oz. heavy whipping cream
1 oz. sf vanilla syrup (approx.)
top off with carbonated water
ice

Pour ingredients into a glass and enjoy.

I have a SodaStream (I love it!) so I make my own carbonated water, but you could probably just use seltzer or club soda; however, one of those (I don't remember which) will cause your cream to clot.

There's really nothing special about this drink taste wise. It's like having a vanilla Americano with extra cream, except that the water is carbonated. It's really just more of an interesting feeling on your tongue. It tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment