Wednesday, December 12, 2012

MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDES


I decided the other night on a whim to make these. Basically because I discovered a box of sugar free yellow cake mix in my cabinet that demanded to be baked.

I found Cake Batter Brownies ages ago on Pinterest when everyone was suddenly obsessed with sprinkles and funfetti.

Being in a Christmassy mood and wanting to work with what I had, I made some adjustments. I wasn't really concerned with low-carb this time. It was a sugar free cake mix so that was good enough for me. However, the sugar filled mint chocolate chips and sprinkles made that a moot point.

Mint Chocolate Chip Blondes
1 box yellow cake mix
1/4 cup olive oil
1 egg
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 cup-ish Christmas sprinkles
1/2 cup mint chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine the cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl. Mix in half and half - my batter was super thick so you may want to add a tad more (I've noticed half and half has that effect on batter). Mix in sprinkles and mint chocolate chips.
3. Spray non-stick cooking spray on pan - I used a 8 x 8 glass pan. Dump (literally, b/c it's that thick) batter in pan and spread to the edges (ha! I dare ya!)
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes. They'll be a bit gooey in the middle, but after they've cooled they'll set.
5. Cut and enjoy!

I didn't frost mine, but I didn't have any frosting sitting around and didn't have the ingredients to make any. They're perfectly delicious without anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment