Tuesday, December 11, 2012

SNOW GLOBES



I just realized I somehow managed to fail to share these!

I'm sure you've seen these all over Pinterest. Apparently this is something Anthropologies carries (probably for a ridiculous price). I decided to make some of my own, so I snagged some of my mom's canning jars and used the tutorial from Arielle Elise's blog.

I found the little deer, Santa, mushroom, mouse, and candy cane pipe cleaners in some old craft stuff from my aunt. The trees are from Hobby Lobby's dollhouse section. The glitter is from HL as well. I also used a little bit of stuffing to build the base up a bit.

I hot glued some stuffing to the lids, then hot glued the miniatures to the stuffing. I poured some glitter into the jars then put the lids on and shook the glitter around. It sticks a little too the sides and makes a nice snowy effect.

One of the jars (the second from the left) didn't have a lid so, instead, I put a little decorated sprig of fake pine I had in it. Originally I put lights behind the sprig but it didn't really work out.

I made these with some tiny pimento jars and little sprigs I clipped off a super tiny wreath from HL:


I also made these for my co-workers using some tiny jars from HL:


I added a tiny raptor for my co-worker who loves dinosaurs:


2 comments:

  1. These are great! I want to try them myself. I've seen the ones you mention on Pinterest. By the way, I just found your blog and I love it. =)

    ReplyDelete