Thursday, April 25, 2013

SPRING WREATH


Just realized I never posted this!

My Spring wreath!

I used the tutorial for the Simple Statement Wreath from Goodknits that I found through Repeat Crafter Me, which I just realized is the same blog I got my Autumn wreath tutorial from.

I actually used a metal wreath frame from Hobby Lobby instead of the foam form. For one, they didn't have the right size foam form at the time and the metal frame was on sale. There wasn't much difference.

I went through a lot of trial and error with the bunting. I originally printed it, cut it out, colored it, and got it all put together only to discover it was WAY too big. Once I ended up with this one I liked it pretty well.

The bird is just some cloth I cut out in a bird shape (2 sides) and stitched together. The stitches serve as the outline. The wing is only stitched on the side that shows. Then I hung it with a piece of string.

It was seriously simple. I did the crochet part in probably about 2 - 3 hours. The rest took a couple weeks because I had issues with the bunting and it got all Wintery again so there was no sense in hanging a Spring wreath yet.

1 comment:

  1. Need to get some Stiff Stuff to spray around the top edges to hold it up.

    ReplyDelete