Wednesday, June 19, 2013

BLACK BEAN BROWNIES

Not the best pic, but this was sorta the last of the batch. They're so good!
Have I told you about these yet? 'Cause they're awesome!

Black bean brownies are low carb and sugar free and I feel no guilt if I accidentally eat an entire pan in a day. (But don't do that, 'cause these are made out of beans. Duh.)

The total recipe has 47 carbs.

I got the recipe from Cityline.ca and didn't change much. I changed the type of sugar and chocolate chips and didn't use walnuts ('cause I'm severely allergic and walnuts are gross).

Black Bean Brownies
1 15oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
3 eggs
1/3 cup butter (I use unsalted)
2 tbs chia seeds (I use ground)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt (optional IMO; don't use if you use salted butter)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Truvia
1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips (optional; the brownies are more moist if used)

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Puree the black beans- I put them in my Ninja to blend up because I also use it to mix it all together.
3. Add all ingredients but chocolate chips and mix. After it's mixed well add the chocolate chips and mix in slightly (with my Ninja I pulse it just a couple times).
4. Grease a pan (I use a 8x8 glass dish) and pour your mixture in.
5. Bake the brownies for 35 to 40 minutes. A fork should come out basically clean, unless you put chocolate chips in it, but you should be able to tell the difference.

They're awesome, right? I think you can't even taste the beans. I mean, if you sit there an analyze it, sure, probably, but don't.

My dad tried them and didn't dislike them, but he could tell they were different. Once I told him what they were he wouldn't eat anymore. My mom and 8 year old niece, however, love them even with knowing what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment