Tuesday, June 25, 2013

INDOOR HERB GARDEN: PART 1


After the husband's Cilantro and Basil wilted on the balcony, we decided to start an indoor herb garden.

Last night we went searching for a nice shelf to put in the dining room. After not finding anything I decided to use my Grama's old shelf, which fits perfect with our decor (theme: old stuff). So we just needed to buy some additional pots and seeds. We only got the herbs we actually know how to use. I fail at cooking. What does Chili Poweder come from? Can you grow it indoors? I have no idea what I'm doing.

We bought Parsley, Cilantro, Green Onions, and something else I keep forgetting. I also have leftover Catnip seeds I'm gonna plant.

My Grama's shelf was in our storage closet on the balcony with all the seasonal decorations on it. So now those are just piled up in the closet until we get a replacement shelf. After we decided how to organize the planters I started wondering around the house to find little doodads to put on the shelves. Please note the dinosaurs on the second from top shelf. My husband won those 2 years ago on my birthday at Incredible Pizza. "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

The Aloe on the top shelf I had to bring in from the balcony because it was starting to look sickly. All my Aloe inside is doing great, so I guess it just doesn't like the heat.

The little pot in the middle of the 3rd from top shelf was sort of bought ironically (I'm not a hipster!). It's got Violets on it. It's totally girly and incredibly not me, but it was 97 cents and actually reminded me of something my Grama would probably have used so it seemed perfect to put on my Grama's old shelf.

I didn't wanna do any planting last night. I just wanted to get the shelf done and spend the rest of the evening do nothing but watching Arrested Development. I'll let you know how the rest goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment