Thursday, August 8, 2013

IS IT AUTUMN YET?

I don't know about the rest of the country, but, even for Missouri, this has been a weird year weather-wise. I mean, Missouri is pretty ADD when it comes to weather, but this year takes the cake (ooh, cake). We were still having winter weather in May. Summer was limited to about a month and a half in June and July. Since the end of July we've been having Autumn weather.

I mean, right now, while I type this, it is 79 degrees outside at lunchtime! And there's fog. It's stopped raining for the moment. This is not normal for August. August is notoriously the hottest month of the summer. Granted, it's only the beginning of August so it could definitely get hotter, but for the moment I am totally enjoying this weather!

It's getting me in the mood for Autumn. Which is good, since during the summer I pretty much shut off and stop caring (I've always thought I may have a slight case of Seasonal Affective Disorder). So I'm finally in the mood to start cleaning the house again. I've even started making an Autumn colored throw.

I've been daydreaming about curling up on the couch on a rainy Fall day under my pretty throw while watching a Julia Roberts movie (she's my go-to for good Fall movies), with a kitty on each side (oh yeah, we may be temporarily adopting one of my sister's cats, which I'm totally excited about because she was my cat for a couple months a few years back). Of course, in this daydream the husband is probably working a double-shift or just in the other room playing video games because he avoids watching chick-flicks with me.

Oh, and there's the decorating. I get to decorate my house all pretty for Autumn! I don't really decorate for Spring or Summer. Spring is all flowery and I'm not a flowery person. Summer is just Summer and I don't like Summer, so, y'know. But Autumn.

Oh, Autumn! I'm so excited! It's only a month away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment