Friday, September 27, 2013

5 FRIDAY: 5 REASONS NOT TO LIKE AUTUMN

I know I'm all "OHMYGOODNESS, I LOVE AUTUMN" all the time, but there are actually some things I don't enjoy about it.

1. Spiders
UGH! Okay, obviously Halloween happens in Autumn. I'm not really opposed to to it. I don't mind decorating some for it. My problem is ALL THE STINKING HORRIBLE AWFUL SPIDERS!!! I mean, why? Seriously, why? I get that for me spiders are rather frightening, but I would say there's a good portion of the population that isn't afraid of them, so why are they a Halloween thing? And why must they be EVERYWHERE???

I passed a house this morning that's already decked out for Halloween. You know how? The house is covered in cobwebs and spiders. Granted, they're really lousy fake looking spiders, but however fake they look doesn't change the fact that they're spiders. Thanks, now I have to avoid eye contact with the right side of the street.

And I can't even look at Halloween decorations in the store because I'm going to see something I don't want to. When I walk past that section in Walmart my skin crawls and I have to look the other way. Or generally avoid that part of the store.

2. Allergies
I have allergies. I've had allergies for almost as long as I can remember at this point. This week I've been occasionally stuffy and my eyes have been watery and itchy. Thankfully my allergy medicine works miracles, but that doesn't change the fact of what havoc this time of year does to my allergies. Of course, Spring is worse, but the fact is that my favorite time of year lays waste to my sinuses and eyes.

3. Baked Goods
These are a very good thing. Except in Autumn I just wanna bake all the time and eat all kinds of yummy breads and cookies. But I shouldn't. These things are bad for me. Sugar makes me sleepy and bread makes you fat.


4. Pumpkin Spice
Yes, I like pumpkin spice just like everyone else. But it is EVERYWHERE.


5. It's too short.
Autumn should last for, like, 5 more months! Let's just skip summer and move straight from Spring to Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment