Tuesday, September 24, 2013

SATURDAY DATE DAY

A few weeks ago I asked the husband if we could have a date on the first day of Autumn. Well, Saturday was the day before the first day, but he happened to have the entire day off from work (and was scheduled to work Sunday). So we took the entire gorgeous day for a date!

I woke up to this loveliness:


The first thing I did in the morning was attempt to make some sugar free pumpkin spice syrup. It wasn't perfect taste-wise, but it was at least a success at making some sugar free flavored syrup.



It was the first day of Cider Days (which is only a 2-day festival), so we headed out there at 11. Did I mention that it was GORGEOUS???


We basically just wondered around looking at the booths. The husband had a cup of cider. I can't stand the taste.

We came across a booth with some chalk to do some drawing on the street so the husband decided to play. With his initial outline I couldn't figure it out, but once he started filling it in I realized what it was and helped out.


At this point we started to hear comments from passersby.


Ta-da! The TARDIS! It was hard to get a good pic in the shade.


Look! A giant watermelon!


Pretty pumpkins and things:


We started to get hungry so we decided to walk Downtown to have lunch at Jimmy John's (food at the festival was WAY to expensive).


Then we walked over to the Mudhouse for some iced coffees for our long walk back to the car.

At home Missy was being all adorable. As per usual.


We had originally planned to go see The Heat at the Palace, but we both kinda didn't feel like going to a movie. So I spent the afternoon sewing and watching Bleak House (which I personally think sorta sucks, but I'm going to finish it anyway) and the husband worked on the computer (I think he's learning Java right now).

I had already planned to make bacon wrapped jalapenos for dinner when the husband mentioned something about hummus, so I found a basic recipe and got some flat bread to make chips to dip. (I'll post recipes later.)


We spent the rest of the evening watching Buffy and Angel (watching alternately in the order they were originally aired).

No comments:

Post a Comment