Monday, September 9, 2013

SUGAR FREE COFFEE CAKE BATTER EGGNOG SMOOTHIE


New favorite thing!

This occurred to me while drinking a regular sf cake batter smoothie for breakfast with a cup of coffee. Turns out it was brilliant.


SF Coffee Cake Batter Eggnog Smoothie
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar free yellow cake mix (yes, I keep a container of it ready for smoothies)
4-6 drops/squeezes Stevia
Half and Half - I don't really measure it, but I probably end up with 4 or 5 oz.
Ice
Coffee

  1. I add eggs first to avoid any shell, then cake mix, Stevia, and half and half.
  2. How much ice you use is up to you. It depends on how thick and icy you want it. 
  3. I use my Ninja Pulse single-serve cup and fill to the max line. Otherwise, probably your preference for how strong you want it. Oh, and I just use coffee left from the morning or day before. I like to try to keep some brewed in the fridge, but we're such coffee addicts it's rare to make it from pot to fridge. You can use fresh coffee if you want, but it will probably melt your ice.
  4. Blend.


This is according to my taste, so you'll want to adjust for yours. I'm good with up to 4 eggs, but if the egg taste bothers you use 1 or 2. The cake mix on its own isn't very sweet is why I add Stevia. How sweet you want it is up to you.

It's just like drinking coffee with cake, but no crumb to clean up! However, if you don't use a lot of ice it is extra gritty towards the end.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment