Friday, October 4, 2013

5 FRIDAY: 5 THINGS I PLAN TO DO THIS OCTOBER


We're on to day 4 on October and my ideas and plans for the month are chugging along.

1. Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
If you remember from last year, I made the goal to start reading one Harry Potter book every October, which means I have my October reading cut out for me thru 2018. Last year I met my 1st goal and read (listened to an audio book) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I very much enjoyed seeing the differences between the book and the film. I usually do. It's like getting a peek behind the scenes full of extras when you read a book after watching a film.

I'm currently on the search for book 2. You'd think it would be easier to find, right? Well, I don't mean that I can't actually find it, but trying to find it in the right format (digital, audio, hard, soft) is the difficulty. I would really prefer to read it in the original hardback version, but those are so expensive to buy and I'm much too slow of a reader to check such a large book out from the library. The e-books are a good price, but buying one every year adds up to $60+ while buying the collection at once is $57. Last year I borrowed the audio book from the library, but I'd really like to hold a real book in my hands. My best bet would be a used book store or thrift store. The library is having a book sale this month, but sadly it's at the end of the month, which doesn't help my goal. We'll see what happens.

2. Apple picking & corn mazes
This was another goal for last year that didn't happen due to any fault of my own. It was due to the awful hot summer drought that caused orchards and farms to not be open for business of have a limited supply. This year, however, they're open for business!

Mmm, so many apple desserts to choose from....

3. Supernatural
As of yesterday, Supernatural S8 is on Netflix!!! You'd think I would have started last night, but I wasn't going to make the husband watch a show he had no interest in. But guess what's happening this weekend- SUPERNATURAL MARATHON!!! My goal is to have the show watched in time to start watching S9 when it premiers October 15 (correct me if I have the wrong date for some reason). I'm so excited!!!


4. Hocus Pocus
I have never seen this movie. While it's a kid movie it's not exactly the type of thing I was allowed to watch as a kid. I keep seeing things all over the interwebz about how it's such a great Halloween movie, so...I'm sorta thinking I'd like to get ahold of it to watch.

5. Halloween Party
We're finally getting to go to our Sunday school class' Halloween/Harvest party! Right now we're trying to decide on what couple to go as. Our current options are:
  • Sheldon & Amy
  • Calvin & Hobbs
  • Voldemort & Bellatrix

No comments:

Post a Comment