Monday, October 7, 2013

CHEESE & PICKLE EGG ROLLS


I made these over the weekend. They're super easy! I think they took about 15 minutes to make 5.

Cheese & Pickle Egg Rolls
oil (I used veggie)
egg roll wrapper
spear pickles
string cheese - the recipe I used used Havarti, but I'm cheap and just used cheese sticks in case this didn't work out.
 Fill a pot with about an inch of oil and heat at about medium.
  1. Put the pickles spears on a paper towel to drain out some juice and unwrap or slice or your cheese.
  2. Lay out one egg roll wrapper (I laid it on wax paper just in case it would stick to the counter, it won't, but this also helps keep your counter clean).
  3. Lay your pickle and cheese together in the center of the egg roll and wrap- there were wrapping instructions on the back of the egg roll package, so I'm going to assume you can use those or Google that.
  4. By the time you're done preparing all of your egg rolls your oil should be hot enough. Using tongs (or whatever works for you) put your first egg roll into the oil. Fry for a minute or until desired color and crispiness, then flip over and fry the other side. The first batch I did a minute on each side. The second batch I did 1.5 minutes per side and the cheese got a little gooier, which is good.
  5. When done cooking I put it on a plate with a paper towel to sop up excess oil.
  6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment