Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lucky # 3

Third time's the charm.

Uh, actually, I got it right on the first try.

The husband and I's my mine Our 3rd anniversary is coming up. Woohoo!

If you were around 3 years ago you'd know that the husband and I eloped. And I apparently never updated about it after that post as originally intended.

So what you don't know, even if you were around 3 years ago...
We eloped on Friday afternoon. We were married in the sanctuary of the church my parents have been janitors at since I was 6 or 7, so I grew up there. We were married by the husband's cousin who is a minister, had 2 friends from college serve as our witnesses, and my former boss took pictures for us. We then took our little wedding party to HuHot for dinner as a thank you, where a couple at another table overheard our conversation and paid for our meal as a congratulations.
We drove to St. Louis that night and spent the weekend there. We wondered around downtown, went to the Arch (but not up in b/c long lines), and explored City Museum. We hadn't initially planned to take a "honeymoon," but my parents insisted we at least get out of town for the weekend.
We've spent our first 2 anniversaries in town, working around work schedules and basically just going out to dinner. For our 3rd anniversary, the husband suggested a day trip to St. Louis. Then I suggested an overnight trip because driving all morning sounded no fun.

So, y'know, that's sort of the plan for now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment