Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Doctor Who: Series 8 Premiere

I knew I would love Capaldi.

Firstly, that new intro! Ohmygoodness, so wonderful!


I honestly hadn't even noticed the new theme Saturday night because I was focused on the new graphics. At first I was like "meh," but then the eyes. The eyes!

Steampunk Doctor Who!

The husband said something about the theme later and I had no idea what he was talking about. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but it definetely matches the graphics. I read on IMDb that Moffett got the intro idea from a YouTuber (dunno if that's true; haven't fact-checked it).

Dinosaur in London. That happened. It was good.

The whole episode had that amazing epic feel to it without being forced. So many Matt Smith episodes had forced epicness that built up so much then sort of fizzled out a solution. It's hard to explain, but it feels good.

The second 12 started saying that something felt familiar I agreed. The second we met the clock-work people... in my head I was yelling "Girl in the Fireplace!" And then he confirmed it. It was the sister ship to the Madame de Pompadour!

And now there's the question, was he pushed or did he jump? I can't decide. I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

The best part? This.
Doctor: Clara, I'm not your boyfriend.
Clara: I never thought you were
Doctor: I never said it was your mistake.
The feels!!!

Thank you, 12, for acknowledging that 11 was a philandering fool.

That phone call felt a little unnecessary, but, I suppose, it helped Clara to see that, even though she knew it, it was the Doctor.

Okay, so, Missy. I guess I have to talk about her a little, too. Apparently she's the mysterious person behind Clara getting the TARDIS phone number and the ad in the paper that led them to the "restaurant." Firstly, she has the same name as my cat and that's weird. Secondly, I am jumping to no conclusion of who she is. I don't believe she's River because that would mean River has simply gone insane and we all know Alex Kingston is willing to reprise her role. I absolutely doubt that she's the TARDIS, because, hello, her name is Sexy, not Missy.

I'd also like to note that I immediately recognized Missy's pretty little garden. I just couldn't place it until the The Girl Who Waited/Deep Breath comparison started floating around.

I think this series is going to be fantastic! Plus, based on some of the upcoming episode titles, there is amazingness coming.

There might be a chance Capaldi might knock Tennant down to second place and might become "my Doctor." We are only 1 episode in, though, so we'll have to give it time and see. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment