Thursday, August 7, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy

Tuesday evening the husband and I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy.

One word?

Awesome!

Three words?

I am Groot.

On Tuesdays our Regal theater offers half-price movies. $5 for a movie that has been out less than a week sounds sort of illegal, but I'll take it.

I had a nagging concern at the back of my mind that said we should probably have bought tickets ahead of time because it may be sold out when we get there. But I ignored it. We got to the theater and there was the longest line I've ever seen for the box office (granted, I don't go to opening night shows and I usually wait til the movies worth seeing on the big screen are in the second-run theater). It was only 5 minutes until show time so, as we crossed the street to join the long line, I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, opened my Fandango app, and purchased 2 tickets. Yes, there was a $2.50 convenience fee, but we only paid a total of $12.50 for 2 tickets to see Guardians of the Galaxy, so I'm okay with that.



Skipped the box office and joined the long line of movie-goers inside.

Previews are an essential part of the movie experience. These days previews aren't quite as awesome as the used to be. They're more like glorified commercials that I usually ignore, but you can't miss the previews or you've missed part of the movie. However, last night I discovered that (to be read in deep announcer's voice) this fall Karen Gillan will have her own show on ABC. I'm excited! I mean, honestly, it looks like something that Whovians will watch because it's Amy Pond, but, otherwise, I'm pretty sure it's going to crash and burn before the Christmas break. We'll see.

So, the movie. Right.

You know me, I don't go in for spoilers. But I won't leave you hanging.

I enjoyed Peter Quill's back story. Just a sad little kid abducted by aliens in 1988 (you learn that in the first 5 minutes). I enjoyed all the cameos. Apparently missed Nathan Fillion's, so I'll have to catch that on DVD.

My favorite part was the soundtrack. (Isn't is always?)



Okay, so not a straight up review or anything, but those include too many spoilers. Plus, I'm gonna need to see the movie again to fully decide what I think. Overall? Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment