Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Into the Dalek

Thus far, I am finding series 8 utterly brilliant. I have some theories:

1. When Russell T. Davies left the series Steven Moffat became possessed and the creature that possessed him had no writing ability whatsoever.

2. Steven Moffat has been recently possessed by Russell T. Davies or, alternately, Davies killed Moffat and assumed his identity.

3. Steven Moffat and Matt Smith combined were simply a terrible idea, meaning Moffat and Peter Capaldi are soul mates.

4. A creature now possess Steven Moffat that had previously possessed Russell T. Davies. This creature is a brilliant writer.

That is to say, I absolutely loved Into the Dalek.Well, not really so much the episode itself (though it was very good), but the presentation. It felt like old times. It felt like being engulfed in a warm group hug of Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and Peter Capaldi. Like they're my favorite uncles coming for a visit. It felt like home. It didn't feel rushed, epic, or disappointing. It felt right.

12 is currently an absolute enigma and I enjoy that. He's not a chaotic good or evil, but he's not quite neutral. He's definitely chaotic, tho. He's not quite sure who he is himself, that that makes for some interesting times ahead.

When they began hyping the addition of Danny Pink I instantly knew I would hate him. I expected him to be a useless know it all. To be Clara's Mickey. Well, I know we haven't gotten to know him much yet, but that he was frustrated with himself for turning Clara down and going over how he wished he would have handled the conversation... Moffat created a character for us introverts!

Let's not talk about Missy. Missy is just plain creepy and I don't want to think about her.

Best quotes from Into the Dalek:
Clara: I'm his carer.
Doctor: Yeah, my carer. She cares so I don't have to.
Doctor: Do I pay you? I should give you a raise.
Clara: You're not my boss. You're one of my hobbies.
Doctor: Don't be lasagna.  
Clara: He'll get us out of here. The difficult part is not killing him before he can... Also, there's the puns.
Gretchen: Gretchen Alison Carlisle. Do something good and name it after me.
Clara: How do I look?
Doctor: Sort of short and roundish but with a good personality, which is is the main thing.

I love this TARDIS redesign. There are books in the console room! And a chair to read them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment