Friday, October 30, 2015

5 Friday: Happy Halloween!

I keep forgetting that today is Friday so every time I remember I get really excited. That's 'cuz the husband and I both took yesterday off to celebrate being together for 10 years. We kept thinking it felt like Saturday, but then we'd remember that it was only Thursday and we still had a whole weekend ahead of us (after one more day of work). Yay weekend!


I'm pretty excited about Halloween this year. This year we live in a neighborhood (#weboughtahouse) so we should get a few trick-or-treaters, plus, the husband may actually be off work!

1. Dressing up
I totally can't tell you what we're dressing up as yet. Our Sunday school party is tonight and we prefer to keep it a secret until then. But it's awesome! It was actually a last minute idea because what we had planned to do suddenly sounded like not a great ideas due to reasons.

2. Trick-or-Treat
Having lived in apartments we've never had trick-or-treaters, so this year we're pretty excited about the idea of having some come by. We live in a pretty decent area, but kind of more on the edge of the neighborhood, so we're not really sure if anyone will come by. Our yard lights are automatic and can't be turned off so we don't really have that "turn off the porch lights" option. We don't know if we'll get a couple, a ton, or none, so we sort of bought 2 giant bags of candy just in case.

3. October 31st Party
My sister said that this is the last year the Nieceling gets to attend the October 31st Party their church holds every year due to the fact that next year she'll be in the youth group (that's insane!). We've gone with her for the last 3 years, so this will be the end of an era. #sad

2012                                                                       2013                                                     2014


4. Candy Corn Pumpkins
This is a weakness. I love eating healthy and I'm happy without unnecessary processed, chemical-filled, color-added foods in my life. But one day a year I have an unnatural need for these horrible little orange and green colored globs of sugar shaped like pumpkins. I'll be purchasing a half-price bag on Sunday.

5. Coffee
I just remembered that whilst out and about in Branson yesterday, we went to Tuesday Morning where we found a bag of Kahlua Espresso Martini coffee and I am so excited to brew a giant pot in the morning to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment