Friday, December 4, 2015

5 Friday: Merry Christmassing!

Merry Christmassing our house started a week ago and it's not done yet!

Well, it's mostly done. The tree is up. Basically all the indoor decor is up. I really just need to put the storage boxes up! When it's all done I'll do some show-and-tell.

But there are things that still need done.

1. Wreath
The wreath I made 4 years ago is currently hanging on the pantry door in the kitchen. It was really more designed to hang on a door where the weather can't get to it, which is a thing when you live in an apartment, but our front door now isn't protected from the weather. Actually, our front door is a giant glass panel and the interior door is stained glass, so I really don't want a wreath hanging on either door because breaking our doors is not an option. Thanks to a previous owner, there's a nice large nail to the right of the front door that I can hang a wreath on. My Autumn wreath is still currently hanging there.

A photo posted by Kelsey Cook (@geekishlyapropos) on

2. Gingerbread House
I talked about that here yesterday. Really wanna do that!

3. Christmas Card
Believe it or not, I have absolutely no idea what to do this year and really haven't given much thought to it. I have a minor dilemma include our kitties (if you don't follow me via social media, we adopted 2 new kitties). We usually include Missy on our Christmas card, so we would obviously want to include Marnie and Kaylee this year, but they're sort of not allowed in the same room together yet. I've got time to figure it out, but not much!

4. Lamppost Christmas Tree
I started this the other day and it is very much not finished. I only had one strand each of green garland and lights. I need to get at least 1 more of each.


5. Kitten Mittens!
Okay, I'm kind of cheating on this one. I've already crocheted the stockings for our new kitties, but I'm having trouble with the whole hanging them thing so I'm not counting this as completed. Also, we have not decided which one is for which, so once we do I may stitch a little monogram on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment