Friday, January 8, 2016

5 Friday: 5 Things I Want to Accomplish This Weekend

Nothing.

I want to accomplish nothing this weekend. I want a weekend of pure relaxation.

However, relaxation for me is doing whatever my brain is currently obsessed with, so here's some of that stuff:

1. Closet makeover
I'm currently in the middle of making over our closet to be awesome. Which also includes blog posts that you'll see eventually. We have a massive walk-in closet. Or is it? I'm not really sure what "normal" size is for a walk-in closet. I know the one we had in our last apartment was fairly small, so our closet now is pretty massive in comparison, but that could be because the ceiling is super high. So if it were a normal height ceiling it may not seem as massive. Anyway, I'm working on making it awesome instead of just a large box containing our clothes and whatever other random stuff ends up in it. So far it's been a catch-all for whenever I straighten the house and stuff that hasn't been given a permanent place yet. It's going to be awesome. 

2. Blogging
That's a thing I should do. I have one post in progress with before pictures of our closet. Well, actually, it's an entire post written about pictures that aren't there yet.

3. Crocheting
I'm planning to do a 365-day temperature afghan and I need to get yarn so I can start it. If you don't know what that means, it means I'm going to use 8 different yarns to represent temperature ranges and crochet a row for each day in the color that represents the high for that day. I'm keeping track of the daily highs in my planner and will crochet a week's worth of rows on the weekends.

4. Enjoy the snow
It's supposed to start snowing in the morning. Now, granted, the forecast could literally change over night, but I have faith that it will snow tomorrow!

5. Put Christmas stuff away 
Believe it or not, I actually took the tree down a week ago. That's at least a week early for me. But, with the kitties, it was necessary to avoid continued yelling at them to get out of the tree. I've slowly been gathering all the decorations in the kitchen, but nothing has been put away yet. That definitely needs to happen this weekend. 

1 comment: