Friday, February 19, 2016

5 Friday: Just some things I found

Just some stuff I enjoyed this week (or all the time).

Spoiler warning: #5 has to do with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. If you haven't seen it, you've been warned so don't complain to me if you find something out you didn't want to know yet. :p

1. This Photo
I guess you could say I'm sort of obsessed with it. I dunno. It's just crazy pretty to me. The only thing it's missing is a piping-hot cup of coffee. I love it so much I set it as my Google background.


2. Espalier Trees
These are fantastic! Espalier trees are basically trees that have been trained to grow as a living fence.


I'm planning to plant a couple apple trees in our backyard along the fence at the backside of the yard to create a little bit of a privacy fence without having to build a big ugly thing. Plus, not only will they be pretty and unique, but we'll grow our own apples!

You can read more about them here, origins and how-to stuff.

3. Creative Frustration
Okay, well, not a thing "I found," but a thing I figured out. I've been feeling pretty frustrated and down this week and I'm all like "I'm not depressed! That's not a thing wrong with my brain! So what's wrong with my brain?" And I got to thinking about the last time I felt like this, just kind of blah and unhappy for no reason and it just makes me mad. It was back in college. Back before I switched my major from criminal justice (yeah, I was gonna be a CSI and work with dead bodies because that was apparently my dream job for a while) to graphic arts (the thing I love body and soul). I was pretty blah back then. But then I started creating stuff because that was my major now/then.

I pretty much create all the time. 'Cause that's what I do. I create stuff. I design stuff. I make stuff. Typically, if I'm not in the middle of a project of some sort it's because I have other stuff going on that keeps me distracted. Well, for the last week or so I haven't been distracted by other stuff but I haven't been able to work on any projects because I've just been focused on dealing with the ever-so-hyper kitties. The last time I got to do anything creative was last Friday after I put the girls to bed (i.e., locked them in the bathroom so they couldn't attack my feet all night) and I was able to catch up on a few rows of my temperature afghan.

But then there was all this other stuff I wanted to work on that I never even got to even try working on for the last week because I don't want to always lock the kitties away for my convenience but so many of my projects tend to be things that they want to be in the middle of so it's pretty impossible to work with them under my feet or pulling things out of my hands or even chewing on my hair/hands. So for the last few days, every time I get home my brain just goes immediately into a funk that I hadn't been able to figure out the reason for until I realized I just haven't been able to do any of the stuff that makes me me. So, yeah, I've gotta figure out how to be me while working around the kitties because feeling blah stinks.

4. Junior Scientist Power Hour
I discovered this webcomic. I enjoy it immensely. It's kinda dumb and you probably won't like it, but I find it pretty amusing.


5. The Modern Adventures of Han and Ben Kylo
These have been around a couple weeks now and I love them so much. Every time they pop up in one of my feeds I go re-read all of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment