Monday, February 1, 2016

Whole30 Round 3

It's been over a year since I did my second Whole30, which actually didn't last a whole 30 days. About halfway through I realized I'd been eating tortilla chips the entire time making it pretty much null.

I typically pretty much still eat paleo, but I've gotten a bit lax on it for the last few months. Well, since we bought CookCove. When you're busy with repair and upkeep you kind of start to not care as much. In doing so, I haven't felt amazingly healthy and my weight loss completely plateaued. I haven't been eating bad, per say, but I haven't been too careful. Some chemicals have sneaked in here and there, but none of the MSG/preservative/make-me-feel-like-I'm-dying type. More of the just making me feel a little sluggish or sleepy type. And sugar. I really don't eat a lot of sugar, but when I do lately I usually feel it within minutes.

I want to feel good again. I miss that.

I want to feel like getting up off the couch and doing house work instead of like it would be easier to just lay on the couch with chips and queso while binge watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the third time (it seems to get better every time). Or like the darkness of the winter season in the evening is just sucking the life out of me.

I started my third Whole30 yesterday.

I created a "NO" list this time to put up on the fridge this time to hopefully remind myself that some of my regular paleo exceptions aren't Whole30 approved.


Oh yeah, I just remembered that another reason I quit my Whole30 last time was that I was stressed and aggravated and discovered that half and half in my coffee is kind of a crutch for me. I used to stress eat, but instead of craving things I used to all I wanted was just to put that little splash of cream in my coffee in the morning and I couldn't. No substitute even came close to helping. Actually, I totally hate bullet proof coffee. I don't want coconut oil, coconut milk, or ghee going anywhere near my coffee. That stuff just isn't for me. I'm not even gonna bother trying to figure out a cream in my coffee substitute this time.

I'm just going to drink my coffee black. Because I can. I like black coffee. I used to just put cream in my coffee to help cool it down, but I eventually got so used to the the flavor of coffee with cream that it became a thing I had to do. So no more! No more cream in my coffee making it a lovely shade a dark tan. No, my coffee will be black!

No comments:

Post a Comment